ABOUT THE PROJECT:
- to better prepare the border regions of Ukraine and Slovakia for the expected climate change by developing an adaptation strategy for climate change for the Transcarpathian region of Ukraine and applying it (an adaptation strategy for KSK was created) within the pilot activities.
- increase readiness for the introduction of effective measures in public transport for the city of Uzhhorod by developing a model of sustainable transport, using the experience of the Košice and Prešov regions increase the availability of information on climate change,
- the need for measures to mitigate the negative impact of climate change and adaptation measures to expected climate change.
- Adaptačná stratégia a jej uplatnenie na miestnej úrovni (AS pre Zakarpatský región a Miestna stratégia pre povodie Roňavy)
- A model of sustainable transport for Uzhhorod using the experience of the Košice region
- Dissemination of information on various aspects of adaptation to climate change and mitigation
9/25/2020 – 4/30/2024 (duration of activities depends on milestones)
Project code: GGC01008
Project support: The project is supported by grants from the EEA and the state budget of the Slovak Republic
Program area: GGC – Cross-border cooperation / Good governance, responsible institutions, transparency.
Výstup programu: GGC_OTC3 – Zlepšenie SK-UA inštitucionálnej spolupráce
Thanks to the strategies, decision-makers at regional and local level will be prepared for the next steps. Strategic planning will provide an opportunity to respond systematically and more effectively to expected (but also current) climate change.
Researchers will receive new information from abroad (neighboring region). They can also provide analytical inputs to forthcoming documents and also have the opportunity to continue and develop research.
The general public will have the opportunity to participate in strategic planning and receive new information that can help them make decisions at the personal level (some types of adaptation are possible “at home”) and to influence decisions at the local level.
- Lead partner: Agency for Regional Development Support Košice (SK) Partner 1: Department of Urban Development and Architecture (UA) Partner 2: Košice Self-Governing Region (SK) Partner 3: Transcarpathian Regional State Administration (UA) Partner 4: Institute for the Development of the Carpathian Region (UA) UA)